Monday, October 06, 2008

Elijahism

Elijah just has a way of making me laugh, even at the most inappropriate times. Like when he is in trouble, or when he gets hurt, or when we are talking about something as serious as say, good touch/bad touch. Part of it is due to an uncontrollable reaction to laugh during serious or stressful situations. The other is due to how amusing Elijah can be.

Yesterday we were having a good touch/bad touch kind of talk. One that we have had many times before, but I like to put in a little reenforcement on occassion. I made mention of his "private parts" and he quickly replied "what is that?" I am thinking, WHAT?! How many times have we discussed this?! Then I realize I have never referred to his genitalia as such. I have always just called them by there technical name. And I bust out laughing. It really wasn't that funny. However, the laughter was uncontrollable. This makes Elijah very angry. To which he says in a very angry tone while cupping one hand over my mouth, "MOM, put your teeth back in your mouth!!!!" I completely lost it at this point. I think that is, by far, the funniest thing I have heard him say.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Lesley, I just tagged you! Check my blog for the information.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think your son is by far the funniest person on the planet. I miss you guys so much!
    xoxoxoxoxooxoxoxoxoxox
    laura

    ReplyDelete

Who will you be voting for on November 4th?