Thursday, May 14, 2009

The dreaded note home

I know I really shouldn't let it bother me too bad.  It is only the second note home E has gotten in his almost two years of preschool.  But it is just something about your child misbehaving to the point of it being documented that takes the wind out of your sails.  Yesterday, when I picked E up from school, I read his daily report his teacher sent home.  It stated that Elijah had his name removed from the sticker friend board for talking during classtime on a couple of occassions.  However, it went on the say that E corrected his behavior rather quickly and got his name back on the board. 

(Sticker friend board--each morning all the kids start out with their names on the board.  Throughout the day, they are given a check mark when the teacher catches them being good.  Three checks in a day and they get a sticker on their chart.  Randomly throughout the chart, there are stars.  If they land on the star, they get to go to the treasure box.  On the flip side, if they are misbehaving, the can lose a check mark or the name from the board and have to earn it back.)

So, before we left the parking lot at school, I read E the note Mrs. Hillary sent home.  I told him that I was disaapointed in his behavior and that I expected him to be respectful to his teacher and other students.  He didn't say a word...just lowered his eyes and leaned his head against the car door.  We took off to mom's house.  About 10 minutes down the road, he said, "Mom, will it help if I say I am sorry?  You're pretty, mom. I just don't know what happened...I think my brain just got out of line!" 

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I just can't imagine Elijah misbehaving. He is always so good in class at church. At least it was just talking. It's May. Every class is like that right now! He's a sweetie! You've done a good job! Don't worry about that note!

    ReplyDelete

Who will you be voting for on November 4th?