Saturday, September 20, 2008

Much needed vacation

Well, I'm officially on vacation and lovin' it.  I haven't technically went on a vacation since 2000 or 2001.  So, I am enjoying every minute of it.  Elijah, Mom, Ronnie and myself are spending six days at a cabin at Lake Norfork.  It has been quite relaxing--lots of fishing and lots of lounging on the pontoon.  Elijah convinced me to get in the pool yesterday and it was frigid!  Of course, it didn't phase him. 

Earlier this afternoon we were fishing at the boat dock when I suddenly felt a horrible burning on my upper right arm.  I looked and had what appeared to be two punture marks.  Within ten seconds my arm started to swell and turn red.  It was like I had been set on fire.  Not long after that I felt something crawling up my back.  I shook my shirt out and found the source.  A BIG black fuzzy scary spider.  It's now about two and half hours later and my arm is still red and still throbbing.  I took a Benedral and am hoping it will get better soon. 
While I am thoroughly enjoying the break and spending time with the family, I definitely am NOT a country girl!

5 comments:

  1. Girl, I hope everything will be O.K. with the bite! I'm so glad you all are enjoying your time at the lake. It sounds like so much fun and the weather seems great for the occasion. Take care and we'll see you Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you are getting away for a while. Everyone needs that. But, seriously, I could have lived without that spider story! Don't wait too long to see a doctor about that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad that you are having a good time,getting some much needed r&r, and some quality time with Elijah. I'm not much on the great outdoors either! I love being out there, just don't like the creepy, crawling, buzzing, flying, slithering things! LOL! We miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Leslie, it's me, Rebecca! I miss you. How are things going? When you get a chance email me and let me know how everything is at work. My job is going good so far and we are settled in to the house and school.

    All my love,

    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry about your bite! Sounds yucky. I love your blog, and it sounds like you guys are living life and loving every minute of it! Take care!

    Annie Pierce

    ReplyDelete

Who will you be voting for on November 4th?