Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Trip to the doggy ER

Well, this has been quite an evening. After work Elijah and I headed to Rachel's for our weekly bible study. To be quite honest, I am struggling with this study. God has shown me where I need to be obedient and I am making excuses. I just can't seem to give it up to Him. Therefore, I am putting up walls and can't really dive into the study like I should. God couldn't have given me a more perfect partner. We have so many life experiences in common and I feel God has a plan for us. Rachel and I both know what we must do. The question is, are we going to go the distance?

After we left Rachel's we headed home. My house is a mess and I have twenty two things to do. I have this funk smell in the house that I have not been able to pinpoint and it is driving me insane! As I type this, Elijah blurts out "What do I smell?!?! I don't like it" I hear ya, son. I don't like it either. Anyway, I was determined to find the source. I took the air filter outside and powerwashed it, thinking maybe some funky smell had clung on. It was not. I went around and gathered all the dirty laundry thinking maybe that could be it. It was not. By this point, I was getting pissed. Ah, but soon I would have bigger things to concern myself with.

So, what you say does all this have to do with the doggy trip to the ER. Not a thing. I will get to all that in the morning. My body is shutting down now.

Ok, so back to the story. Elijah is running around the house like a wild banshee and jumps on the treadmill. He KNOWS better, but sometimes can't help himself. Eko is right up there with him. They both like to look at themselves in the full length mirror directly in front of the treadmill. I promptly yell at him to get off. He jumps down and then I hear horrific sounds coming from Eko. I run over to see what the problem is and see that her foot is stuck in the treadmill. There is blood everywhere. I call 911 and tell them to send the fireman. I tell them what is going on and am quite sure they thought I was crazy. I decide I can't wait, so I throw a coat over her head and try to get her leg out. Not a good idea...

I finally get some sense about me, and take Elijah outside. Two fire trucks and eight fireman later Eko is freed. They load her up in the Fire Captain's SUV and we are off to the vet. The injuries weren't as bad as I had thought. She had to have stitches in her tail and has a badly sprained hind leg. She will be on pain meds for the next seven days and I am out, oh, only $421.

1 comment:

  1. OMG, I am so sorry! POOR doggie, that is just awful.
    I have been wanting to do that Bible study mainly because I want to know what I'm doing here.....

    ReplyDelete

Who will you be voting for on November 4th?